Driving with certain kinds of music might be dangerous, according to a new study from the UK by researcher Dr. Simon Moore.
The study tracked the driving of eight men and eight women, and matched the driver’s “speed, acceleration and braking” with the type of music they were listening to.
The author found the following:
- Music with a faster tempo increased the driver’s heart rate, causing the driver to pay more attention to the music and less to the task at hand
- Hip-hop music made female drivers drive more aggressively, but heavy metal caused men to driver faster.
- The most erratic drivers? Those who listened to classical.
Here is the list of the top 10 safest driving songs:
1. Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
2. Billionaire Feat. Bruno Mars – Travie McCoy
3. I’m Yours – Jason Mraz
4. The Scientist – Coldplay
5. Tiny Dancer – Elton John
6. Cry Me a River – Justin Timberlake
7. I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith
8. Karma Police – Radiohead
9. Never Had a Dream Come True – S Club 7
10. Skinny Love – Bon Iver
- Tags: news